Friday, August 16, 2013

Everything is top-secret information: Thanks, Obama!

Due to FAA regulations, I can tell you essentially nothing about the specifics of training.  Even talking about image checks (which people call imaging, which makes me think of this. ) raised some eyebrows.
  They probably aren't a big fan of me talking about image call because some of the requirements are a little loopy...but I won't get into that. After 5 days, I am thoroughly convinced that i am being watched at every turn, and that if I am caught in jeans before 6pm, they will bob my hair and send me home.

In light of this recent security....enlightenment, I want to focus a bit more on who, specifically, becomes a flight attendant. 

I always thought it was funny that, when I went to college (GO BLUE, IF YOU'RE AN OSU FAN STOP READING THIS BLOG AND GO TO A REAL SCHOOL), I was ready for a land of outstanding diversity. Michigan talked a big show on diversity.  And when i got there---I found out that fairly intelligent, upper middle class men and women come from every race, religion and creed.

Okay, that's not entirely fair, but its cannot compare to the enviornment here. Diversity doesn't begin to cover it, from the difference in age, which spans over 20 years, to the are vast religious, political, social, cultural, and economic differences in my FA Class.
So far? The people part of this experience has been unbelievable. 
Suffice it to say, it's  only day 5. (WHAT)

In the coming days, I'm going to reach out and make (anonymous) profiles of some of my willing classmates. This topic deserves more attention than a couple meager paragraphs that are LyKkE OmGz ThEzE GuRlS ND GYZ R GR88888.

Look out for our first Portrait of a Young Flight Attendant

coming to a F/A blog near you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment