Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Stress Eating, Preparing and Anne Bogart.

As I sit here eating my 2 1/2 slices of cold pizza (which rounded out my lunch of an entire cucumber, two pieces of watermelon and an ice cream sundae nicely), I am beginning to admit to myself that the past week of moving, saying goodbye to loved (and severely liked) ones, packing and unpacking has had a colossal effect on my emotional state. And, when I feel emotionally unsteady, I tend to go heavy on the snack-packs. I suppose the extra weight makes me feel more grounded.

 Aside from eating, I've been alternating between worrying about my future home and over-analyzing responses from friends/colleagues/old boyfriend's roommates in regards to my new occupation.  Although many people were just somewhat shocked that I wasn't immediately going to assassinate and then become Julie Taymor, I did feel that I had to somewhat "defend" my decision to become a flygirl in 2013. Well folks, unfortunately fame and glory isn't as easy as murdering the only female stage director anyone has ever heard of (Anne BOgart, people!), so I decided to take a pitstop into international travel, long hours and a life of utter unexpected lunacy--which I plan to document. Here. And hopefully somewhere that will pay me.

Keep track if you're interested. This is just a truncated post on my parent's dial-up like wifi (country life problems) to whet your apetite. Expect a lot of emotion, photos (when i get an iPhone) and emotion.

Please note the nearest exit, and remember that it may be behind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment